Sixty Nine Compliments To Give That Have Depth- Nothing Appearance Related!
The beauty of a compliment is that we don’t have to know the giver to appreciate the sentiment nor know the person on the receiving end to offer it. Well timed affirmation on any given day feels good, there’s no discounting that. It can even provide insight into the features we often overlook when it comes to ourselves. Instead of recapping the past week as I usually would, I thought I’d give a rundown of my favourite heartfelt compliments. You’ll be hearing about my recent trip to rural Victoria in an upcoming travel diary!
Appearance related compliments aren’t always indicative of our achievements or our abilities and can fall flat when we wish to be acknowledged and seen on a more intimate level. Why not challenge yourself to focus on innate qualities instead of the external that often lie beyond our control? Recognise intelligence, intuition, presence, creativity, emotional capacity and offer up big praise. Affirm the traits people spend a lifetime honing- that’s where the real work is.
1. You have a kind heart.
2. I admire your bravery and willingness to speak up, even when your voice shakes.
3. Your confidence inspires self belief in me.
4. Your honesty sets those around you free.
5. You are a thoughtful planner and skilled at being proactive.
6. The routines you keep contribute so positively to your wellness journey and encourage others to show up creatively in their lives too.
7. I admire your ability to set effective boundaries whilst still being vulnerable and letting people in.
8. Your quirky humour and quick wit can turn even a bad day around. Thank you for putting a smile back on my dial!
9. You are a wonderful, empathetic listener who makes me feel understood. You reserve no judgement and listen without immediately jumping to a fix.
10. I have such fond memories of the time we’ve spent together and look forward to our next catch up. You are my safe space.
11. I feel secure in your leadership and appreciate you taking charge, especially when the going gets rough.
12. You vibrant energy lights up the room and everybody inside can sense the positive change. They are influenced by it.
13. I appreciate your resilience in the face of challenges and am happy to be a shoulder to lean on when you need help bouncing back.
14. I love how you balance play with work—you remind me not to take myself so seriously all the time. I find myself more attuned with my childlike self in your presence.
15. The advice you give is meaningful and I know I can count on you to be real with me. You are not concerned with being right but with adding value to the lives you touch.
16. I appreciate how I can be myself around you. Thank you for encouraging me to be authentic.
17. You take new learnings and lessons with such ease and grace. I have the utmost respect for your flexibility and open mind.
18. Thank you for being a patient person who trusts in the process.
19. Your calming presence encourages others to take heed, set roots and be grounded in intentionality.
20. You always know exactly what to say and when to say it. You have great intuition.
21. I cherish the joy you bring to my life.
22. You have an excellent eye for capturing moments through photos and videos, right down to the finer details. Your vision is immaculate and you are a revolutionary creative.
23. Your enthusiasm for adventure is contagious, exciting and utterly zestful. You are my wanderlust buddy.
24. You approach life with such open eyed curiosity. Your innocence is refreshing.
25. Introspection is your superpower. You’re reflective, sensitive and tactful in all that you speak.
26. You have an ear for good music. You weed out the most underrated gems in artists, bands, albums and the like.
27. You are great at dedicating yourself to the task at hand and committing to seeing it through.
28. I am grateful for how you show up for me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You’ve always got my back.
29. You are an awesome team player and I’m glad I get to work alongside you.
30. I love how you support others in their endeavours and invest in the work they do with the means available.
31. Your voice is incredibly soothing and brings me the utmost comfort me whenever I hear it.
32. You aren’t afraid to leave your fashion comfort zone and be a trendsetter.
33. You ask such insightful questions and don’t shy away from tough, gritty conversations.
34. I love how empathetic you are. You don’t feel in half measures and this is your gift. You nurture the soft gentle sides in all of us, embracing the feminine and masculine, the yin and yang, the ebb and flow.
35. You see life in the most glorious technicolour.
36. You always make sure everyone in the room is heard- no one feels lonely, irrelevant, small or left out when you’re around.
37. I want to recognise the way you understand your own value and demand to be treated accordingly. You are so genuine in all your interactions. You don’t stand for inequality and put fairness above all.
38. You are bold and undeterred by the idea of failure. You know it is not an end destination. In fact, those unfavourable experiences have made you the strong and knowledgeable person you are today, filling in wear and tear cracks with gold.
39. I love how you treat animals with such kindness and compassion. It’s no surprise that you are loved by all creatures who encounter you. They gravitate towards and resonate with your spirit. You communicate with them in ways unseen.
40. Your ability to consider a problem from multiple angles and perspectives is a gift. You are the mediator and cool a fiery situation effectively.
41. You always see the best in others. Your positive spirit reminds me to search for the positive in the world. Goodness will always reign supreme over evil.
42. You are a great parent. I feel so content and optimistic knowing that you are raising the next generation of young leaders.
43. I admire the warmth and consideration you extend to others, even if you disagree with them on a fundamental matter. You rise above what is petty.
44. The way you retain knowledge and speak so enthusiastically when sharing facts reminds me that life is a supreme teacher. The world is your playground as much as it is your oyster.
45. You are quick on your feet and a great improviser in stressful situations or when under time constraints.
46. You are effervescent and your drive and ambition unmatched.
47. You embrace your silliness unapologetically and this is such a delight.
48. I love the way you analyse books, music, poetry, films, art and the like. You draw insightful connections and discover deep metaphors that are lost on others.
49. I admire the high standards you set for yourself and those around you; they invite everyone to strive for better.
50. You have a fantastic memory and fill in knowledge gaps seamlessly.
51. You are an affirming friend and make others feel validated in a meaningful way.
52. You aren’t afraid to take chances, which emboldens those around you to live fearlessly.
53. Your independence is empowering. You don’t need a man or woman to be whole and complete.
54. I’ve learned so much from your clear communication style and have become more effective in conveying my own message. There is less misunderstanding in my dealings with others now.
55. Everyone around you is touched by your compassion. We are all grateful to be held by you.
56. You are generous with your time, talent and possessions. This lights the way for others to be so too.
57. Creating community and bringing people together comes naturally to you. You are the glue of any social group.
58. You’ve mastered the art of relaxing, decluttering your mind and taking on only set commitments- I want to learn to embrace my free time like you do.
59. You’ve worked really hard to arrive at this present moment and I pray you get a chance to celebrate yourself as you deserve.
60. You are so gracious and willing in your apologies when you’ve made a mistake. You accept responsible and hold yourself accountable, then make amends. However, you also work at changing your language and offer gratitude instead.
61. You give the cuddliest bear hugs and are quick to embrace.
62. Every plant you touch grows so vibrantly and beautifully.
63. I admire your punctuality. Your promptness makes people feel respected. If you are tardy, I appreciate that you extend thanks to the other person for waiting on you.
64. You have a beautiful way with words. There’s absolute poetry in your writing and musicality to your stories.
65. I love that I always learn something new when I talk to you.
66. You are excellent at networking and building connections with interesting people.
67. I appreciate your advocacy and your work to amplify the voices of people who are not being heard.
68. I admire how you aren’t afraid to ask for what you want or need. You are candid and honest.
69. My life is better for having you in it.