Happy Friday everybody!
I’ve had such a great time in Melbourne these last couple of days. It’s a lot less fast moving and consumer driven than Sydney. It’s also very chill and beachy, and I’ve loved all the photo opportunities! Something really cool happened this morning too- I woke up, walked to the kitchen, looked out the window, and what do I see? A boy koala baby! 😂 For Monday’s post, I’ll try and share some of the photos I took. It was truly amazing because of how close I was.. I could literally pat it! It was sitting on the fence and did some neat acrobatics for us. Clever koala!
To top this week off (yes, I know it’s not quite done yet, buuut 😂), I have been nominated by the lovely Elise @littlelemonyellow for the Liebster award! I’ve gotten quite a few of these already, but none lately, and who doesn’t love a good ol’ award post? 🧡
Now, let’s get started!
Rules: -Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award image. -Answer the 11 questions you are given. -Share 11 random facts about yourself. -Nominate 11 other blogs, or less! Up to you x -Notify your nominees- leave a comment or embed a link to their blog in your post -Give them 11 questions to answer!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Oh, great question! I was ten when I first started blogging. The sort of age where you really want to be grown up and have everyone take you seriously, and so I thought: website! that’ll make me grown up. 😂 Let me tell you, it was a very childish blog three years ago. Hahah x
2. If you could change anything about the world, what would it be?
I would sort out all the world’s problems. I would stop all the evil undercover operations that happen right under our noses, I’d try and find cures for all the ailments, and I’d eliminate issues like the uneven distribution of wealth.
3. What is your favourite thing to do when your home alone?
When I’m home alone, I like to eat lots of yummy food, turn on the AC (If it’s hot!) and watch some Netflix, or catch up with blogging/my social media. I have a younger brother, and he’s a very distracting person. I can’t get a lot done with him around!
4. Have you ever had a white Christmas? If not, do you want to have one?
Yes, I have actually. Last year, I went to England by myself. I was sad that I’d be missing Christmas for the first time as the family (from my dad’s side) who I was staying with don’t celebrate it. But, on Christmas morning, they woke me up super early to tell me that it was snowing! It wasn’t super heavy snow, but it was magical. 😍
5. What is the best thing about blogging?
I’d say that the best part about blogging for me is having my own personal space to write and share everything with the people I’ve come to care about. It’s like a second family for me! My blog is quite aesthetic, and you can really see my personality through the design. It makes me really happy!
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world for a day, where would you go?
If I could go anywhere for a day, I’d go to the Maldives! It’s lovely and has all the features that places like Hawaii and Bali do, but without all the tourism. I feel like too much tourism has the potential to ruin places.
7. What is the fanciest place you’ve ever been to?
There’s this really nice restaurant that my family and I go to sometimes. It’s about an hour away, in the city, and it’s very grand and expensive! It’s called Neptune Palace. The decor is quite neat, modern and luxurious and they have cool extras like tanks for the lobsters and fish out in the open. There’s many levels to the restaurant and to get inside you go up an escalator. The first time I went there, according to my dad, I was only a few weeks old!
8. Do you prefer watching movies at the cinemas or at home?
I’d say at the cinemas, but there’s something special about watching at home. Debatable! The big screen is great, but then there’s privacy at home.. no idea!
9. What is your favourite smell?
I’ve got a few! They’d probably be Vanilla, cinnamon, the smell of baking, the smell of rain etc.
10. Are you a dress/skirt person or more of a shorts/jeans person?
I don’t really wear shorts, and pants for me mostly consist of tights, but I’ve got some fancy pairs. I have a lot more dresses and skirts, but I like everything at different times. I’m so indecisive today!
11. Are you happy with your blog at the moment?
Yes, I am! It’s developed a lot over the years and I’m really happy with my progress. I’ve got a lovely audience and have really found a writing style that I enjoy. 😊
11 random facts about me!
- This year, I learnt Indonesian at school. I’m in Year Eight, so it was compulsory. I know basic phrases, introductions and a bunch of other things. If I was to ever visit Indonesia, I’d definitely know what to say. I hope. 😂
- My first word was ‘bye’ when my Dad was leaving for a business trip. I don’t know my exact age, but it was fairly early!
- I can’t whistle, click my fingers or wink properly.
- There’s one song called ‘Number One for Me’ and it makes me cry every time I hear it.
- I don’t think I’m very photogenic, but others seem to disagree!
- I very rarely take photos of myself without filters unless I’m sure I look great.
- I’m more of a girly girl than even I realised, yet I own so many pairs of sneakers.. converse, two pairs of superstars, two pairs of running shoes, and another pair that I can’t remember!
- I love slant/spoken word poetry.
- ‘Serendipity’ is my favourite word.
- I want to have two kids, a boy and a girl, and name them Aria and Lucas.
- I’ve had my blog for nearly four years now!
My Questions to my nominees:
What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Have you ever faked a sickie? Tell us!
Have you ever danced in the rain?
Favourite type of pizza?
If you could witness anything, what would you want to see?
If you could be any age for a week, how old would you want to be?
How do you start a conversation?
What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
What cheers you up?
What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
What is your favourite word? least favourite?
I’m going to leave this open to anybody who wants to participate!